I am interested in using Machine Learning to solve real world problems;
I am especially interested in Bayesian Learning, Probabilistic Graphical
Models and their applications.
Undergraduate Final Project
- Implementation and Performance analysis of MIMO detection
using the Sphere decoder and its variants. Implementation of
MIMO detection using Sphere Decoder and its variants using USRP and
simulating real world impairments like: Spatial and temporal correlation
between Tx and Rx antennas, Channel estimation errors, and quantization
errors for performance analysis.
- Paper: AA Khan, S Irteza, F Khawar, M Shahab, SI
Shah "Performance analysis of detection schemes in MIMO spatially
correlated channels", IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics &
Applications, Vol. 2 page 968 - 972, Oct. 2009, Kuala Lumpur,
Undergradaute Semester Projects
- Simulation of MIMO Detection (Zero Forcing Maximum likelihood hybrid
(ZFML)) with Turbo Codes.
- MATLAB Implementation of a cross-modal technique for Video- Assisted
Audio Source Separation, in presence of multiple sources and noise,
using a single microphone.
- Implementation of an Analog Data-logger circuit
board, using microcontroller, along with its PC interface.
- Hardware implementation of data transmission with Encryption,
Decryption (Vernam Cipher technique) and Parity check.
- An intelligent 3-D TIC TAC TOE game on the Widows platform, using
Windows API and C++, capable of predicting opponent’s moves.
- Hardware Implementation of Line Following Robot using
- VAS Level-II Support engineer at PMCL Mobilink (Orascom group of
Oct 2009-Aug 2011Responsible for providing
Level-2 support for Acision (SMSC,MMSC,OMG,PSA),Huawei(EVC and
CRBT),Alcatel(GPRS),and other VAS platforms like AVS,ADM,OTA.
- 6-week Internship at PTCL NGN (Huawei
2008 - Sept 2008
- Internship at Naval Precision and Electronics Complex (NPEC) .
2007 - Sept 2007Involved Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
diagnosis and design using state of the art equipment.
- IUKM2013 conference secretary
- Member of Department (School of Automation Science and EE) table
tennis team at Beihang University.
- Web admin of ICMLL research group website : http://icmll.buaa.edu.cn/
- 1st Position in the Beihang Table Tennis tournament
for International students
Position in the Beihang Badminton tournament for International
- Recipient of fully funded Chinese Government
Scholarship(CSC) for Masters at Beihang University
- Recipient of Technical Bravo Award at PMCL Mobilink
- Recipient of NUST Merit Scholarship on performance
basis in every semester of Bachelors
- Captain, College Table Tennis team, at Military
College of Signals(MCS,
- 1st Position in the Military College of
Signals(MCS, NUST) Table Tennis
- Team member for college Badminton and Football teams at