Call for Papers

Important Dates






Travel in Beijing



Contact Us


Visa Application

Chinese visa can be applied at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which you live.It is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa as an invitation letter is not required for obtaining a Tourist visa. If however you need another type of visa that does require an invitation letter, the IUKM 2013 organization committee will be glad to help. If you need an invitation letter, please send e-mail to iukm2013<at>gmail<dot>com, together with your personal information (Name, Identification or passport number)and your accepted paper ID if there is one.

To avoid uncertainty, participants will be advised to apply for a visa as early as possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Chinese visa at least 1 month in advance.

For more information regarding the requirements and procedure for obtaining a visa to China, please see http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/eng/default.htm

More detailed visa application procedure:
http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84246.htm While the Chinese visa application requires personal appearance and hand-in of passport in application, various travel agencies can help apply for the Chinese visa. Here are some such companies, but you are welcome to check out your local agencies:

-- http://www.mychinavisa.com/index.php

-- http://www.chinatravelservice.com/